Curious about journaling but not sure if it’s for you?
You probably have various different ideas about what it involves…
Remembering back to your childhood, books covered in stickers, crammed full of things you’ve found, with a little padlock to keep it private
Or basic and boring diaries with nothing but to-do lists and dates to fill out
These may be some of the first things that spring to mind
But let us be the ones to tell you, things have massively moved on since then!
Now journaling has landed in the present and been given a whole new meaning
And more and more companies are springing up all over the place, offering you the perfect one to fit your needs
Because hese little journals do way more than just help you record your memories, hold your keepsakes or plan boring tasks
This new style of journaling now helps with:
- Planning and achieving life goals
- Celebrating your wins
- Uncovering your bottled up emotions
- Gaining clarity
- And focusing on gratitude
There are huge benefits that come from expressive writing in this way
It has in fact been proven that journaling [when done correctly] actually improves your health!
We’ve covered 3 of the main health benefits below
Because if you’re sitting on the fence not sure whether to invest… this may just decide it for you
1) Reduces stress
- Being highly stressed, we all know, can be damaging to your physical, mental and emotional health.
- Journaling can be an incredibly useful stress management tool. If you get into the habit of writing down everything that overwhelms you in your life and tackle it bit by bit, certainly you reduce stress.
- Studies show that expressive writing for only 15-20 minutes a day, 3-4 times a week over the course of 4 months was enough to lower blood pressure and improve liver functions.
- Writing about your stressed helps you form habits of managing them in the most healthy way. And adding journaling into a bedtime routine of meditation will certainly help you unwind and de-stress
2) Keeps memory sharp
- Being less stressed has a knock-on effect. You will find your sleep patterns improve, you have more energy and feel happier.
- Another huge benefit is the increased boost to your memory.
- Because you’re not bogged down in all the thoughts that were troubling you before, you have a far greater capacity to remember the important things in life.
3) Strengthens emotional state
- Benefits to your overall emotional health are where journaling really comes into its own.
- By forming the long-term habit of journaling you will become better in tune with your needs and desires.
- When you concentrate more on yourself and become more mindful of your thoughts and feeling it allows you to understand yourself more.
- As a result, you feel a big boost in your state of mind and feel better equipped to regulate emotions.
- Journaling helps with the management of self-identity, acts as a support for adversity and change and focuses on the importance of an individual’s happiness and growth.
If you didn’t really understand what all of the fuss was about before
Hopefully, now it’s clear why this new craze has really taken off
And how it’s helping so many people become better versions of themselves
Worth 20 mins of your day?… We think so!!
. . .
P.S: If you haven’t watched our latest [free web-class] that shows you exactly how to capitalise on the global downfall by helping people in a time of crisis and using this time in lockdown to become an online life coach with your own [freedom based online business], check it out quickly whilst it’s still available for free HERE!